Tuesday 24 July 2012

3 years of wedded "bliss"

Three years ago today I woke up super early and eager… I nudged my best friend, and on that day, Matron of Honor, who was sleeping next to me to make sure she was awake and went down stairs to the main floor of my parents house to start making coffee… A few minutes went by and the door bell rang and I was ushered to sit in a chair for the next 4 hours while every strand of my hair was transformed into perfection…   Once the hair and the make – up was all done I went up stairs to my parents bedroom where my mom helped me into the most beautiful gown I have ever worn…. She tied my corset back up with tears in her eyes and love in her heart…   My parents drove me to the beautiful Grace Presbyterian Church in Calgary and I slipped in through the back door with my very best friend, beautiful sisters and amazing parents in tow.. After the music started and my nieces and nephew gracefully walked down the aisle my sisters to follow and Carla behind them my dad took my hand in his and said through tears and a voice that was cracking up how proud he was of me..   We walked down the aisle and the preacher asked “Who gives this woman to be married to this man” and my dad tightened his grip on my hand and said “her mother and I do.”   There I was standing between the two strongest, most amazing men I have ever met as they shook hands and the love of my life whisked me to the front of the church to say our “I do’s”.   After many beautiful pictures, speeches and pieces of advice and many tears laughter and a very amazing party we started the rest of our lives together.   Since that day I have grown more and more in love with him everytime he looks at me… or calls me.. or texts me.. I never thought I could love him more than I did on our wedding day and now I look back and think.. I could never love him more than I do right now…   Our wedding song says “and I thought I loved you then….” And it speaks every inch of truth on my behalf…   These last three years have brought us good times and bad. We have lived apart, moved twice, bought a house, and have loved eachother even when we have hated eachother.   One thing that we have had to overcome and are still struggling with is one thing most couples will never have to face and that is our infertility. I know that it has only been 3 years but if there is one piece of advice I could give anyone it is learn to fight with each other not against each other. We still struggle to this day and even today, on our 3 year anniversary had some bad news but we are still fighting with eachother and we refuse to accept the fact that we are infertile… that is simply not an answer for us.   Babe, if you are reading this. I love you with all my heart and just like we sang on our wedding day “We’ve come so far since that day, and I thought I loved you then” You’re my everything babe and I would be very very lost without you.   Always yours, Ocean Eyes, Always.  

No comments:

Post a Comment